Sant La's Mission and Vision Statements
Sant La's mission is to empower, strengthen and stabilize South Florida's Haitian community, through access for free services and resources, to ensure its successful integration.
A self-sufficient and fully-integrated Haitian community.
Each and every day we work to attain those goals by:
- Partnering with existing community based organizations and government agencies
- Providing capacity-building training and staff development for community based organizations
- Working to strengthen neighborhood leadership and civic engagement
- Serving as a central point of entry for neighborhood residents
- Advocating on behalf of the Haitian community’s needs on local, state and federal levels
- Conducting research/evaluation of community’s needs and then making corresponding policy recommendations
- Providing data and research on the Haitian community of South Florida
- Conducting on-going educational outreach and providing information via radio and television
- Providing financial literacy services, including tax preparation, for low and moderate individuals and families